Monday, October 4, 2010

Copper Dreams

I love nothing more than a great season change.. Fall is no exception.. with the first leaf that falls out come my boots and sweaters, crisp jeans and my warm jewellery.
Until I started designing and making jewellery as my full time job I never realized how much I change my jewellery with the seasons.  In the summer I wear a lot of bright beads, turquoise, shiny silver, shells.... but in the fall I tend to be drawn to warmer jewellery, darker stones, and now darker metals as well.  Recently I have been working on new pieces for trade and home shows and without being conscious of it I have been creating with the same intent.  As it turns out, with the fall also came out my silver darkener and rich patina's to give silver and copper warm layers and smooth richness.

In an effort to make some more affordable pieces for some shows I had booked I have created a lot of new earrings ranging from feathers to Eiffel towers.  There is a big range and because of using more affordable base metals I have been able to keep the earring prices ranging from $8-$30.

With that also came some more cherished pieces,  the ones that when I make them I think.. if they don't sell... I will keep them.  This may come as a shock but I have issues letting go or selling a lot of my pieces as I make each one with a dream for it...corny I know, but it's true. 
During one of my "playing sessions"  I found a love for copper..  Here are a few of the more intricate pieces I have recently completed:
"Woman" $130, Copper and silver on copper chain

"Bond" $150, Copper on Copper, with copper chain
I should mention that these pieces were inspired by the incredibly talented Gustav Klimt.  His work not only inspires me, but moves me.  There is a tendernous in each piece that brings my heart joy.  His work (not original) hangs in my room, which is where the inspiration came.

If you are interested in either of these pieces or finding out more about any of my new lines let me know.   As I am a one woman show photographing and posting each new piece is a challenge.  - One I do plan on taking on....it's on the list of things to do.... :)

Have a great day,

Aly

3 comments:

  1. Aly these pieces are soooooooooo beautiful - I pimped them on Twitter this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of changing jewellery with the seasons. Your pieces are truly stunning! The cooper is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh!! Thanks Gigi!
    Thanks Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete